Saturday, March 03, 2007

Spiritual Preparedness

I feel that somehow I've been remiss in the posts I've shared thus far. It has occurred to me that I've overlooked the most important element of a preparedness lifestyle (remember the adage that "Preparedness is a lifestyle, not a one time event"):

Spiritual Preparedness is that missing element in my posts here.

We can read many scriptures that speak of the last days. Each of us probably have our favorite ones, or if not favorites, at least ones familiar to us. What is the common thread through most of those? That common thread is simply "If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear."

No where could anything be more importantly "prepared" than the private chambers of our own heart, mind, and soul.

So how are we doing? How am I doing? How are you doing? If called upon to appear before the judgment seat of Christ, would I squirm? Would I rejoice? My daily choices NOW will determine my response THEN.

So yes, absolutely, spiritual preparedness must be discussed, pondered, and acted upon by those who seek to be prepared in all things. Indeed, being prepared is a lifestyle, not a one time event.

In no topic is that more true than seeking daily to know the Savior by serving as He did while upon the earth. No topic is more true than seeking daily to purify ourselves so that we can stand in His presence, rejoicing rather than wanting to hide.

No comments: